Is your career being driven by fate… or by YOU?
For many people, the career challenge is ‘How do I actually achieve my destiny’?
Watch this video to learn the answer…
In today’s lesson I want to talk with you about having a reliable guide in your career (and your life) to help you reach your full potential and have the personal pride, satisfaction and fulfillment you want.
The North star has long been an important star to ancient explorers winding their way through unknown areas, serving as a pointer towards the right way forward.
While other stars’ positions in the sky change throughout the night, The North Star’s apparent position remains virtually fixed.
This makes the North Star especially useful in navigation.
Just as the Columbus used the North star to navigate his ships to new destinations and opportunities, you too can use your own personal north star to guide your personal life and career.
The benefits of having a personal North star in your career are many.
• We know the right direction to start moving in…. even if we don’t know the final destination.
• We feel confident, motivated, energized and excited by your career.
• We can consciously evaluate career choices that come our way so we make smart choices… so we use the limited time we have on Earth wisely.
• It’s easy to maintain momentum so we can breakthrough are arrive at exciting opportunities that let us grow and achieve more of our potential.
• You become the master of your career destiny
Without a North star, we get easily distracted and pulled in the wrong direction. Or we get stuck where we are, which no fits us. Or we drift through life and our careers like a rudderless ship… arriving wherever the tides of life take us.
Regardless of your current situation, you have the opportunity right now to begin to choose what you will seek in life.
Here are four questions you ask yourself to define your North Star.:
• How do you define career success?
• What skills are you good at and enjoy using?
• What things do you like to do, read about, or think about in your free time
• What income, lifestyle, work/life balance, and status are important to you
Take action and define your personal North star that will guide you every single day to be your best and reach the next higher level in your personal life and career.
Please share below what you think of the idea of having a North star in your life to guide… and what do you think happens in life when you don’t have a North star. I’d love to hear your story!
In closing, always remember that with right knowledge and strategies you can attain an exciting career that you’ll really enjoy, excel in and pays you well.
To your career success,
New York City Career Coach